• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

File Transfer

Rich98

Feb 22, 2018
I have a Moto e5. I'm trying to backup the files I have on my phone's external micro sdcard. On my phone all of the folders and files can be accessed without a problem. When I connect my phone to my Windows laptop via hub and try to access my folders and files, some of the folders look white in color and show "O" k in file size. Why is that happening?

Also: NEVER MOVE FILES! Always always always copy files. Since you're backing up, that's probably what you'll be doing - so many users, however, will try to move hundreds of photos, videos or other important files at a time. If something interrupts the move, or a bit drops somewhere and corrupts the process, many times the files involved are lost forever. If someone is moving things or archiving files, they are well advised to copy the files to the destination; make sure the files copied correctly; disconnect the source and then delete the source files.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones