1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support File weirdness problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DrJim, Oct 28, 2010.

1. DrJim

DrJim Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Hi,

I have a new Droid X which I'm mostly enjoying. I have a couple of strange problems with files though.

1. When I connected to my laptop via usb, I was able to create a couple of files on the SD card that i used to download some text and spreadsheet files. Everything went fine.

Then two days later i connected via usb and could not see the files!. When I looked on the droid via astro I could see the files on the Droid but not on my computer. I could see the SD card and the files that came pre-installed but not the ones I had added, even though they were still there!

In addition, I can no longer copy files from my laptop to the SD card. I can copy them into one of the pre-installed files but not directly to the SD card

2. I added some folders to my main "desktop" on my droid. There are now 3 added folders, one each for games, utilities and favorites. They work OK mostly but one of them will tend to "lock up". I tap it and it flashes but won't open. The other 2 will open. It's not always the same folder that "locks". So far it's been two different ones but only one at a time. If I power off the droid and then power back on (reboot?) all 3 folders work again......until one doesn't.

Anyone have an idea what's going on here?

Thanks,

Jim

Advertisement