1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Files being renamed

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Android Question

None
    Something odd just started occuring. When emailing or uploading files they are all being prefaced by tmp_ followed by a string of numbers than my file name followed by another string of numbers than .<file extension> I have never seen this before and it is annoying me to no end. Anybody seen this and got a fix for it?

Advertisement

2. whatfindme5

whatfindme5 Newbie
    None

Jan 10, 2017
    Male
    Check whether u lose ur files or not. if nothing lost, just let it go. if something lost, y'd better know :maybe virus affected or hacked. then look for solutions.

3. nyctophile

nyctophile Lurker
    None

Nov 3, 2016
    Files remain. I can't find any matching tmp files in my directory either. I'm afraid my OCD will not allow me to leave it alone. Any other suggestions?

4. nyctophile

nyctophile Lurker
    None

Nov 3, 2016
    Also, I very much like to know what is going on in my file system. For me, ignorance is not bliss. Anybody?

5. Part of the way

Mar 14, 2017
    Hi all! Im trying to upload an audio file to my s7 edge phone that i created on music maker jam app. I want to use the song as my notification sound. Not my ringtone sound. And on music maker jam app you can use a created song as ringtone. But I don't see where you can use a song used as a notification sound? So i assume i would have to load the sound onto my phone and store it as a straight mp3 file? Without needing any aspect of music maker jam app to play it as an audio file on my phone? So if anyone knows anything about how to accomplish this? Please get back to me. Thanks!

6. Part of the way

Mar 14, 2017
    O, and I dont know if the proper term would be uploading a file or exporting a file for what im trying to do? So i might be on the wrong forum? If i am? Im sorry.