• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Files deleted/moved after connected to PC?

jprow507

Android Enthusiast
Dec 18, 2009
Has anyone had this happen before?

There were a bunch of videos on my phone's internal memory (21 to be exact). I connected the phone to a PC so I could copy the videos off the phone and when it synced the two drives (internal and SD), it only showed 3 out of the 21 videos I had. I searched on the drive for *.3gp videos and it still only showed those 3. When I removed the phone from the PC and looked in my videos on the phone the extra 18 videos were no longer there. I also performed a search on the phone using Astro and again it only found the 3 videos.

It is as if they have been deleted somehow? Any idea how to get them back?

How did you get them on the phone in the first place? We're they videos you took with the phone? If they were videos that you moved to the phone via the computer, then the copies should still be on the PC, unless you "cut and pasted" them.

I don't know what would have deleted them, but I have had anti-virus programs that read some "false positives" that did that to some of my files on my computer. Check your AV/s "quarantine" folder.

Upvote 0
Yeah .... none there .... plus anytime Kaspersky ever detects anything it pops up and asks me what I want to do ..... it never moves anything without notifying me .....

I am wondering if it is some sort of glitch in the software and I need to speak with Verizon because after connecting to my PC and disconnecting, my default ringtone was also changed from what it was before connecting to the PC .... just really weird behavior .....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones