1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Files disappearing after download

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by taiowa, Mar 14, 2020.

1. taiowa

taiowa Newbie

No matter what file manager I use, the apps that I've download are no where to be found just after I've downloaded them ontomy Galaxy Note 8 device. Shouldn't I be able to head straight into the downloads folder and it be there right at the top? I mean, at times they'll be there and most times they won't. o_O

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what kind of files are we talking about? on my note 8, when i had it before i upgraded, anything i downloaded would appear in the download folder. how are you looking at your device? thru the built in file manager? or a file manager app?

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Are you downloading them from the play store? Are you downloading from websites?

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. taiowa

taiowa Newbie

I am downloading from websites.

5. taiowa

taiowa Newbie

.apk files. Both Solid Explore, ES File Manager, and Samsung's File Manager

6. Dannydet

Depending on the website, it may download as a apk, and it may install directly, instead of a apk file

taiowa and ocnbrze like this.
  7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

have you tried using your computer to look for it on your phone?

taiowa and Dannydet like this.
  8. Dannydet

Needless to say, if you have downloaded them as apk files, they will be found on your device.

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. svim

svim Extreme Android User

How are you confirming those 'missing' files are actually being downloaded? Does whatever browser app you're using have an indicator on download progress or a menu showing the finished download folder content?
    It might be more revealing to use a desktop/laptop browser to download your APKs and then just transfer them to your Note 8.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  10. taiowa

taiowa Newbie

Hmmm...no I haven't, but I will now.Thank you.

11. taiowa

taiowa Newbie

I have a security app called ESET and it tells me that the download was completed successfully and that there are no issues or viruses.

12. svim

svim Extreme Android User

ESET is a anti-virus app, it is not file manager app. It isn't a utility to do any kind of file management, like locating files and folders.