• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Files disappearing after download

taiowa

Dec 28, 2009
Texas
No matter what file manager I use, the apps that I've download are no where to be found just after I've downloaded them ontomy Galaxy Note 8 device. Shouldn't I be able to head straight into the downloads folder and it be there right at the top? I mean, at times they'll be there and most times they won't. o_O

How are you confirming those 'missing' files are actually being downloaded? Does whatever browser app you're using have an indicator on download progress or a menu showing the finished download folder content?
It might be more revealing to use a desktop/laptop browser to download your APKs and then just transfer them to your Note 8.

Upvote 0
How are you confirming those 'missing' files are actually being downloaded? Does whatever browser app you're using have an indicator on download progress or a menu showing the finished download folder content?
It might be more revealing to use a desktop/laptop browser to download your APKs and then just transfer them to your Note 8.

I have a security app called ESET and it tells me that the download was completed successfully and that there are no issues or viruses.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones