1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Files Get Moved To LOST.dir

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by Eludiumq36, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Eludiumq36

Eludiumq36 Newbie
    None

Sep 26, 2017
    Running 6.0.1 Marshmallow. I have deleted my music folder on the internal storage area, mounted a 128GB SD card and established a music folder on the root of the SD card. I copied 14.1GB of 320bit .mp3 files to the music directory on the SD card via. SS USB using MTP. ( 6hr process)

Using Premium version of Rocket Player these files showed up properly but when I tried to play them the player acted like it was intermittently fast forwarding through the songs and them would automatically fast forward to the next song and then do it all over again. The player acted like it was schizophrenic.

Fearing a bad SD Card or inadequate SD bus I created a test directory in the root of the internal storage and copied the song to that location. The player exhibited the same behavior. I decided to reboot the phone and when I did the music folder on my SD card diapered. All my files had were moved to the LOST.dir and renamed by number.

I though this might be related to the fact that I copied all 14.1gb down in a single lump and tried it again with a much smaller batch of files. The same behavior occurred. On the first try files were identified and Rocket Player operated schizophrenically. After reboot SD Music directory was gone and all files were moved to the LOST.dir. I never had this problem with my Android 5 phone. I am not very literate with Android and could use some help understanding how to correct this. I just want to listen to my music!!!! Thanks for the help.

Advertisement

2. LV426

LV426 I say we take off and nuke this place from orbit

Oct 16, 2015
    Male
    Software developer
    South West of England
    Sounds to me like you have a bad SD card there. Have you tried a different one? Do you get the same behaviour?
    You could also try reformatting your current SD card, which may correct the problem.

3. Eludiumq36

Eludiumq36 Newbie
    None

Sep 26, 2017
    I wanted to see what more experienced people had to say before I went out and spent the money on another SD. The reformat idea sounds good. I'll try that first and if it doesn't work then I'll buy a new SD. Thanks for the suggestion.

4. Eludiumq36

Eludiumq36 Newbie
    None

Sep 26, 2017
    Nice tag line by the way. This "bastard problem won't grind me down" in the end.

5. LV426

LV426 I say we take off and nuke this place from orbit

Oct 16, 2015
    Male
    Software developer
    South West of England
    I have to credit @lunatic59 for the quote, but I like it. Anyway let us know how you get on.

lunatic59 likes this.
  6. Eludiumq36

Eludiumq36 Newbie
    None

Sep 26, 2017
    You were right on target. After reformatting failed I got my wallet out and bought a SanDisk SD card. File transfer speed was immensely faster and the problem went away. I will never buy a generic SD card again, even if it does have all the proper certification markings. What a waste of time and effort. Thanks for the help.

psionandy and LV426 like this.