1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Files missing after update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Darkseid, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Darkseid

Darkseid Lurker

Greetings,

I recently updated my phone, only to find that its "usbStorage" folder is now empty. Seeing as the folder previously held quite a large number of files, I'd like to know if there is any way to get them back (Weirdly, apparently it's actually almost entirely filled with data when checking the phone's storage information).

A secondary, possibly related issue is that my phone no longer shows up on the Windows 7 explorer when I connect it via USB cable, preventing me from viewing the files on my phone. The phone only states that it is plugged in and charging when connected.

I did a little bit of research regarding this, and I'm guessing this has to do with ICS removing USB Mass Storage functionality in favour of MTP. I've read a number of supposed fixes for this, but none worked; I tried checking my settings, under Wireless and Network, in order to change the "USB Utilities" options, but "USB Utilities" is nowhere to be found under the Wireless and Network tab. I've tried downloading and installing the most recent drivers for the phone from the Samsung website, but this did not work, either. I've tried downloading an application referred to as "USB Switcher," but this did not work.

Any suggestions/tips would be wonderful. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dmel14

dmel14 Lurker

Here is what I did to connect to my phone as a "USB Drive"... this means I see both the phone & card options again.
    1. Go to the Samsung support site :
    samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SPH-D710

2. Click "Manuals & Downloads"
    3. Choose "Software"
    4. Download & Install the "Device(Install),USB Driver (Software) (ver.1_3_2360_0)" onto your PC.
    - Title Sprint SPH-D710 (Epic 4G Touch) USB Driver
    - Applicable Model Sprint SPH-D710 (Epic 4G Touch) USB Driver
    - Carrier or Corporate Customer Sprint
    - Description Sprint SPH-D710 (Epic 4G Touch) USB Driver
    5. Follow USB Driver installation prompts.
    6. ReBoot your PC to make the driver active.
    7. Now connect your phone to the PC and wait for the "Connected as a media device (Touch for other USB options)" to pop-up on your top status bar.
    - Make sure "Media device (MTP)" has a "green check mark" by it.
    8. Wait for your PC to recognize the device it can take several minutes (be patient and DO NOT disconnect your phone or change options)
    - Note: One of the PC's I used made me reboot a second time after the phone was connected to activate the USB drivers. But it should prompt you if this is needed.
    9. When complete - You should see a phone icon in your My Computer screen labeled SPH-D710

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews