1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Files not showing up on new microsd card

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by thoffland, Mar 15, 2011.

1. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Network Administrator
    Arizona
    I have a new 32gb cl6 microsd card for my Inspire. I popped it in, formatted it with the phone and moved my apps back over to it. Then I was able to copy music over from Winamp, but as soon as I tried to copy files from my pc with it mounted as an external drive via usb, it would copy the files over but when I try to open them (movies and music) they're not there anymore. (I should say that the files copied from Winamp are still there)

I'm formatting the card now so I thought I would ask while I'm waiting. This is my first Android phone so maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    I've seen this problem about 5 times in the last few months on here. I'm guessing you bought the card from ebay? There are a TON of 32gb fakes on ebay, and a lot of people are having this same problem.

If you did get it from ebay, contact the seller and return it and get your money back. You need to buy it from an authorized online retailer, like NewEgg. Ebay is usually a great place to buy things like this, but there is a huge market for 32gb fake sd card right now.

3. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Network Administrator
    Arizona
    I actually got this from Amazon, but it's a new seller and I have a feeling it is a fake. After that format was complete it did the same thing, then my phone kept unmounting it, and when I put it back into my computer to try to run some software on it to see what was going on it was only recognized as a 250mb drive and was locked.

I'm sending it back to them so they can "test or fix" the card... but now I'm completely skeptical of what they're going to send me back.

4. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    That's a tell tale sign of a fake card.