• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Files required for LGNPST stock return.

I have this hosted on my server except I'm not posting it because I don't feel like listening to people whine of a slow download and don't like the idea of my server getting hammered. As its my own personal server,as in I own every bit of hardware its running with. Plus it includes the leaked ics tot file.

Edit:
I will however host this on my forum's web server and type up a nice guide. Won't be up till after 9pm tonight. Be forewarned though. I will offer NO support. And will simply say...RTFM if you ask me for help/support.

Upvote 0
I offer no guidance. Use at your own risk.

*Alternative file hosting would be nice.*

consider it done. the tot will be available sometime in the next hour, I currently have a LOT of outbound traffic so my upload of the .tot will be slow. and considering the current time of day, I don't feel like cancelling or pausing anything else I have going on. But, it will be there before the sun rises in the USA. please note the file size is around 654MB, if the file size is smaller than that when you look at the location, then you need to wait for it to finish uploading. I will remove this note tomorrow after the uploads are done.

http://joelperryproductions.com/spectrum/LGNPST-restore

I have the original .tot file posted back on 3/31/2012 on this forum and the one from this OP (different file name, both are ZV4) available.

also available is the .cab restore method for ZV3, in a single file download called "full spectrum unbrick tool" in the unbrick folder
http://joelperryproductions.com/spectrum/unbrick

if for some reason you would like to know how to make the full file name show up when browsing my mirror storage, just add "?F=0" to the end of the url and it will show the full file names, although you lose the file sizes when you do that...

Upvote 0
I do have one question, but it's not about help for this particular thing. Is it possible to install this, create a backup, and then post the backup file for people to just restore to their phones, or is that not possible on the Spectrum?

This was actually done a long time ago including full instructions. People still don't know how to read thru them properly and end up messing it up thou.

http://androidforums.com/spectrum-a...re-v4-v6-verizon-stock-only-cwm-recovery.html

Upvote 0
consider it done. the tot will be available sometime in the next hour, I currently have a LOT of outbound traffic so my upload of the .tot will be slow. and considering the current time of day, I don't feel like cancelling or pausing anything else I have going on. But, it will be there before the sun rises in the USA. please note the file size is around 654MB, if the file size is smaller than that when you look at the location, then you need to wait for it to finish uploading. I will remove this note tomorrow after the uploads are done.

Index of /spectrum/LGNPST-restore

I have the original .tot file posted back on 3/31/2012 on this forum and the one from this OP (different file name, both are ZV4) available.

also available is the .cab restore method for ZV3, in a single file download called "full spectrum unbrick tool" in the unbrick folder
Index of /spectrum/unbrick

if for some reason you would like to know how to make the full file name show up when browsing my mirror storage, just add "?F=0" to the end of the url and it will show the full file names, although you lose the file sizes when you do that...

Finndo, you should probably update to the V6 cab in your archives as V3 is extremely outdated.

Flashing LG signed Firmware - LG Spectrum - RootzWiki

Upvote 0
I would, if I had the files... then again I might have the V4 locally stored somewhere, but do not think I ever saw the V6 floating around... if there was a V6 tot floating around, I'd be happy to add it as well.

I'll look and see what I have, only mentioned the V3, as that is what was included in that Zip package that someone was nice enough to upload way back when. so far I have not needed to do anything to my phone that I could not use a nandroid for, so I have not hunted for the up to date files for the other restore methods. just if I happen across a thread like this one, I'll nab the files and put them up.

Upvote 0
I would, if I had the files... then again I might have the V4 locally stored somewhere, but do not think I ever saw the V6 floating around... if there was a V6 tot floating around, I'd be happy to add it as well.

I'll look and see what I have, only mentioned the V3, as that is what was included in that Zip package that someone was nice enough to upload way back when. so far I have not needed to do anything to my phone that I could not use a nandroid for, so I have not hunted for the up to date files for the other restore methods. just if I happen across a thread like this one, I'll nab the files and put them up.

The thread I linked is the original thread where all the info originally came from. I still update the links when new .cab files are found/come out.

Would the device not update itself from V3 anyways?
Not that I'd rather not have a newer version? :)

Yes, but why go thru taking two updates, when you can just flash the correct file.

Upvote 0
The thread I linked is the original thread where all the info originally came from. I still update the links when new .cab files are found/come out.

Yes, but why go thru taking two updates, when you can just flash the correct file.

For one thing it guarantees stock - i.e. ability to take updates - which is dependent on stock image and recovery. Though it is more work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones