• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Files visible in Windows Explorer but cannot move to PC

This is the opposite to the entries I've found in the forum, but a friend with an android tablet has the same issue -- files can be seen in Windows Explorer but cannot be accessed.

I have a Kobo Arc tablet for review. android v 4.1.1 kernel 3.0.31

When I attach the tablet to the PC Windows explorer can see the internal storage. I navigated to the location where Amazon sent files wirelessly, and there they were. However, when I tried to copy the files to the PC, only a few of the files would transfer.

I downloaded a couple of different android explorer programs to the Arc and those programs do not see the affected files.

How can I backup all the files on my android device?

It might be a file security setting on your PC.Click on one of the files that won't transfer whilst on your PC and see what attributes it has.If windows sees a file that has code included that it came from a source it's not familiar with it may be blocked at the file level and you have to choose to un-block it.

HTH :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones