• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

filtering mesages on an android

I am hoping someone has an answer for me out there. I am a current blackberry customer looking to migrate to an android phone at the end of my contract. I know with most phones that as far as getting (notified, alerted buzzed, etc) it is all or nothing. With my blackberry I was able to pre-filter mail messages so that only ones from certain addresses would notify me while others arrived silently. Is there an easy way to do this with an Android phone?

Thanks in advance

Just set up filters in your gmail account on line. if you mark them read they won't notify I believe, and if you label and skip the inbox(archive) it won't even come to your phone. you still can read them if you use the gmail app to read mail by viewing the label the messages are tagged with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones