• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Final checks before factory reset?

My new phone arrived yesterday. I spent all day setting it up. Now I need to factory reset the old one before sending it back to Motorola. (They're identical: Moto Z² Force Edition, Oreo 8.0.0)

For the first time EVER, I used a setup/transfer utility to copy things over; I figured I'd just reset it and start fresh if I didn't like the results. But it was good! :) Almost all of my apps got transferred. One that didn't--and is currently missing from Play--I installed via an APK I'd created by backing it up.

My DCIM directory did not get transferred, so I did that manually; I'm sure I have all my photos and videos.

Please give me any last minute advice on things to check before wiping the old phone. I *think* I've gotten everything off of it that I wanted to keep, and I used backups to restore various apps' contents (e.g., WhatsApp, ColorNotes).

I went through its directories, looking for anything else...but just have a nagging feeling I'm overlooking something.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones