• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Final plea for help, US Cellular SCH-i800

sgtduckyboy

Lurker
Sep 29, 2012
I am trying desperately to root and hopefully upgrade the ROM to something more stable and versatile on my Tablet. I am having zero success using any form or method of rooting. I have tried several just to root, no luck. Tried several to mod that had a root in it, or soemthign to that effect, no luck.

SO, if anyone out there has an exact flipping idea how to upgrade SCH-i800 to ICS from 2.3.5, please let me know the process and/or links to the site. All the verizon methods DO NOT WORK. I get SAMSUNG on boot then nothing. I have to reflash it with the EJ06 ROM from US Cellular.
thanks for your help, assistance and pointers.

Do a Google search for Cyanogenmod. I have the p100 for Sprint, but the ICS ROM identifies the device as an i800. That might mean that they use the same ROM. Try it out, if you're feeling adventurous.

It's been fairly stable for me, through CM9 stable (Android 4.0) and the nightly builds of CM10 (Android 4.1). I get the occasional lockup that requires a hard reboot (hold the power key for 15 seconds), but otherwise, it's usable.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones