• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Finally a Dock

airjordan223

Android Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2010
I haven't seen this posted on here before, but I just stumbled upon this guy...

HTC Droid Incredible USB Sync & Charge Cradle (w/ 2nd battery support) | OrionGadgets.com

also has a spot to charge your spare battery

htc-droid-incredible-cradle-2nd-battery-2.jpg

just saw that its sold out :(

This thing actually does exist. I know some people who already have this dock for their Incredibles. Its alright. If you have ANY kind of case in the phone it will not fit into the dock. The holders for the phone are designed to hold a uncovered phone and can't be adjusted for cases.

And to plug in the phone you do not just put in it the dock. There is a very short USB cable built into the dock you have to plug into the phone after you put it in the dock. So this is more of a stand with a built in USB cable.

And they don't use the external battey charger but there is a really bright LED that shows the status of a charging battery. If there is no battery in it charging, the LED constantly blinks orange and blue and is very bright if you look straight at it. The only way to stop the LED is to either unplug the phone from the dock or to unplug the whole dock from the power source, I can't remember exactly what you have to do.

Overall its alright, but its not that great of a dock (if you even call it a dock). I'm just going to stick with my current method of dropbox and the USB cable that came with the phone to move files around.

Upvote 0
I've got one of those linked from buy.com (got it on ebay), and the phone sites perfectly upright, no angle at all (and sometimes has a tendency to pitch slightly forward. If you have any case, it'll not fit on that one either. I've since hacked the slot for the phone up with a dremel, and have it widened enough for my Casemate case (which just got replaced with a Otterbox Defender, so out comes the dremel again, lol). The one I have doesn't flash the leds, but they DO stay on. If it's in a room where light is a problem, you'll need to either cover the lights, or darken them somehow (sharpie?). Wasn't a problem for me as it's on my desk in my office. The external battery charger does appear to work pretty well, and it will keep the phone charged at the same time, but the build quality on both the case, and the actual electronics inside are pretty low (the board is attached to the inside of the case with what looks like hot glue, and kind of hap-hazardly placed in the box.

It works, but not without some modification.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones