• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Finally Custom Recovery for 2.2.1 stock phones !!!!!!

ok here is something weird. i flashed the recovery using the terminal emulator method and everything worked great for awhile...then i discovered all the other roms available for the optimus and i wanted to try them out so just did a nand backup of the one i was using so i could just restore it and i wouldnt have to go through all the setup shit and that worked for a day or so...but today i tried to do a nand restore and the only thing that happens is this "Error : run 'nandroid-mobile.sh restore' via adb!" i even tried to just reflash the recovery and it is stilling happening. what the hell does that mean and how do i fix it???!!!

Upvote 0
ok here is something weird. i flashed the recovery using the terminal emulator method and everything worked great for awhile...then i discovered all the other roms available for the optimus and i wanted to try them out so just did a nand backup of the one i was using so i could just restore it and i wouldnt have to go through all the setup shit and that worked for a day or so...but today i tried to do a nand restore and the only thing that happens is this "Error : run 'nandroid-mobile.sh restore' via adb!" i even tried to just reflash the recovery and it is stilling happening. what the hell does that mean and how do i fix it???!!!

Are you using Joneidys old recovery?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Jenny>cd C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb shell
$ su
su
# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# cat /sdcard/flash_image.zip > /system/bin/flash_image.zip
cat /sdcard/flash_image.zip > /system/bin/flash_image.zip
# chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image.zip
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image.zip
# mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
# mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-2.2.1-joneidy.img
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-2.2.1-joneidy.img
flash_image: permission denied
#

--> can someone tell me why am i getting this? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones