• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally, Eris has a home.

Eris owners should know that their phones cannot access many applications in the Android Market. Ours is one (PhoneMyPC), and there are many, many others.

If this concerns you, contact your carrier and request they address the issue.

This occurred when the Hero was released in Europe as well, but after some customer complaints, they fixed it.

Scott.

Upvote 0
Eris owners should know that their phones cannot access many applications in the Android Market. Ours is one (PhoneMyPC), and there are many, many others.

This occurred when the Hero was released in Europe as well, but after some customer complaints, they fixed it.

Scott.

I'm wondering why it would be a carrier issue, given the same apps are visible on the the Droid but not the Droid Eris -- gives the impression that Verizon isn't restricting app access...

Upvote 0

Scott.

Scott, Could Hero users still access downloads via the Barcode scanner and websites like AndroLib, or were the apps blocked? Thanks

Upvote 0
I had the Sprint Hero and the keyboard was almost as good as my iPhone keyboard and that's saying a lot. It's really good and a pleasure to use, my only complaint was that it was laggy. I haven't heard of any complaints on this issue other than from the Sprint camp so maybe it's Sprint software. Once I turned off text prediction/auto-correction it smoothed out and was lag free. I like the predictive text so that was a shame.
I'm really hoping that this phone performs better than Sprints, but I can't be to hopeful it is the same hardware. My biggest hope is that the lack of carrier software/modification it'll respond better. With that being said I still plan on pursuing my Droid pre-order at Best Buy.
i bought the hero a day before it was released to the public. that phone was laggy. i had a few other issues with it, so i swapped it out for another. the one i have now is not laggy at all. it says google on the back...the first one i had said htc only.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones