1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Finally got a Dinc!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Termin8, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Termin8

Termin8 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    After putting it off, I finally made the move to the Dinc. I've been dealing with my Eris for far too long. Was my first smartphone, and it was great but, the Dinc truly is INCREDIBLE!!

Advertisement

2. jbdan

jbdan Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    atl ga usa

Welcome! I came from an Eris too although it was a year ago it's a solidly built phone just soooo slow have fun with your toy!

3. TheDanishDanger

TheDanishDanger Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010

Dude, it was a good phone. Key word was. Don't let verizon screw you into a 2 year contract for a year old phone. Get one of the new ones! Bionic, iphone, incredible 2 that's coming out end of this month, etc. Stand up to Big Red!

4. Medion

Medion Android Expert
    None

Aug 14, 2010
    Male
    Auburn, WA
    I agree. The Incredible is an outstanding phone, but you're putting yourself in the same situation as you were already in. A year from now, halfway through your contract, you'll be in the same situation you just left, a vastly underpowered phone compared to what's out there.

5. jayochs

jayochs Android Enthusiast
    None

May 14, 2010
    Critical Infrastructure Protection Bureau, Office
    Brick, NJ
    haha good for you! eris was my first smartphone as well....and it lasted me 3 full months before i got the inc hahaha..that thing was just AWFUL! i still have her though, pure memories :D

6. Termin8

None

Nov 23, 2009
    Thanks guys. I know I should've upgraded to the Dinc WAY sooner but, I just didn't. By the time I finally decided to make a move, the Dinc was freshly retired by Verizon. I started looking around and after all my research, kept coming back to the Dinc as the phone that was the best fit for me. I know, it's a year old, and there ARE some new phones out there but, I gotta say, none of the new phones interested me. The Dinc was such a huge step forward when it came out, that it's still arguably as good as most of the new phones coming out now.
    For me, the Dinc is perfect. I'm NOT an early-adopter, and really don't like the way the new phones are getting so large. I'm VERY sure this phone will serve me well for a LONG time!

7. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Lake Oswego, Or.
    Unlike the Eris, I think Incredible will hold up much better in the long run. Either a phone is too slow or it isn't. regardless of how old it is. The Eris was, the Incredible isn't.
    I personally have no issue with keeping mine for another 2 years.

8. ItsAboutTime

ItsAboutTime Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    Termin8, I am in the same boat as you. I had done my research a long time ago and determined that the Droid Inc at the $0 price will more than service my limited needs for a smart phone for two years, at which time 4G may actually be widely available instead of a service you pay for but can't get. And like you, I want the small, lightweight size, considering that in my off time, I am a long distance bike racer and like to carry small, light things in my jersey pockets.

I also want good call/voice quality, which would comprise 99% of my use of the phone, convenient, smooth google search experience (used occasionally), reliable GPS experience (used rarely) and to be able to tether to my laptop with PdaNet in rare, short lived emergencies when my Comcast goes down, without rooting my phone. From what I am able to gather, Dinc has all those attributes.

But I haven't bought one. Your post alerts me to the fact that the Droid Inc may be discontinued. Where did you buy one?

9. Termin8

None

Nov 23, 2009
    Yes, the Dinc has been discontinued by Verizon. There are none left in their system so, the only way to get one is to go to a third party seller. I got mine at Best Buy.

10. ItsAboutTime

ItsAboutTime Member
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    Thanks for your reply. Best Buy in my area used to have them on sale for $0 with a contract from time to time, but I haven't noticed that deal lately.