1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Finally got one

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by captiluva, Sep 10, 2010.

1. captiluva

captiluva Member

Sep 9, 2010
    ny
    Hello all, just bought my captivate today. I came from a Blackberry Curve. i had to add a new line in order to avoid paying the full price since i wasn't eligible for an upgrade yet. happy with my phone so far. Just have to figure out how to get all of my contacts to my captivate. suggestions r welcome:D

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

captiluva likes this.
  3. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Oregon Coast
    Hi - Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers ;)

captiluva likes this.
  4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    I want to welcome you on behalf of the Android Team! If you need anything PM me! :D

captiluva likes this.
  5. captiluva

captiluva Member

Sep 9, 2010
    ny
    Thanks everyone. Soooo, i think i did something wrong in my excitement to start using my new phone. smh!! i forgot to transfer my contacts from my BB and i wiped the phone. i was able to restore it from the BB Desktop Manager, but i don't know how to move it to the Captivate. I REALLY don't want to type everything all over again. oye!!!

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    i don't know BB but if you can transfer the BB addys to gmail, you will be able to then sync it with your phone. I will move this to the BB section. I know folks will be able to help you there. :)

captiluva likes this.
  7. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Lauderdale, FL
    You'll need Google Sync for blackberry then go into the options & select sync contacts. When you resync your google account on your Android device, all your contacts should be there.

captiluva likes this.
  8. captiluva

captiluva Member

Sep 9, 2010
    ny
    Thanks everyone. i figured it out. now all my contacts is on the phone and on my gmail account. i noticed that we now have address book online with att, but since my contacts are already linked to google....it won't back up on the att server. hmmm.. anyway, what have i done so far...downloaded launcher pro plus, some games and the clock and weather widget. that's about it. love my phone!!! :D