1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Finally had to replace my Eris

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by n0ct3m, Jan 7, 2011.

1. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Mississippi
    After a year of using my first Eris, I had to get a new one :(. Apparently the screen didn't like the phone getting dropped and decided to pull a humpty dumpty on me. Not sure what hurt worse, having to part with my first one or having to pay the insurance claim cost. I really was shooting to only having to use one up until I could get a new phone.

Advertisement

2. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Doncha just hate it when you can't count on the king and his horses to make things right!? :)
    How much is the insurance replacement fee these days, I've seen some debate on that, but I figure at this point you're in a position to know for sure.

3. mhrebin

mhrebin Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 16, 2009
    i had to have my first eris replaced due to a cracked screen as well. I thought the insurance replacement was 80 or 90 bucks but i went on the asurion website and it was only 50 bucks. I got the replacement and the softlights didnt light up so i called back the next morning after getting it and the rep sent me out a brand new eris. Got it the next morning and its been great since. Ontop of that I got to keep the new battery, charger and cover that came with the replacement phone and I got a new battery, cover, sd card and charger with the brand new eris. lol So i got my 50 bucks worth.

4. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Mississippi
    You must have gotten lucky or something. I had to pay $89 for my insurance replacement. :(