• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally Happy, are you?

to tell you the truth I have never had any issues with it..

Really?? Because every single person I know with Nexus One, even if they do not facing major multi-touch issues are facing minor but annoying touch issues, with the most common one the not very responding bottom of the screen.

For example the Space bar on the virtual keyboard is not always as responding and the even more common when on Messaging where it says "Type to compose" you touch and many times the keyboard does not pop-up.

Upvote 0
yes you could easily prove it. take a picture of your settings menu in ABOUT where it shows the version number. then take another picture of your phone booting up where to shows the unlock icon for an unlocked bootloader. and use a newspaper with today's date next to the phone in both photos so we know it happened today.

of course there are some talk about new method to root the phone without unlocking the bootloader, but i didnt know if that was official yet or not.

Thank you. You're the first one to tell me how to prove it instead of just calling me a liar.

Just shot this video and uploaded it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-RkimbYGDI

I did move camera off phone after it booted so it wouldn't show unlock code (as if any of you would get my phone. Not sure why I did that). But I showed it running Froyo on ATT 3G and then powered down then booted up without the unlock icon that you were talking about. If moving off camera after booted back up is suspect, I'll reshoot the video without doing that.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the video J-Mar...and you'd understand our doubts when a few people have already said they got AT&T 2.2 without giving much *proof* and posting the same thing in multiple threads.

I doubt it but will ask anyway...did you save the update.zip before you applied the update? XDA forum is a mamoth wrt 2.2 update -_-;

This is my first Android phone and first OTA update I've received. It told me there was a system update available and do I want to install it and I said yes and went through it. So no I didn't save any kind of file. Not sure how I would have. Still kind of new to Android

Upvote 0
I'm one of the people who called him a liar, but that's cool. I'm glad for everyone that at least the ATT version exists, of course it seems like it's going to be some time before they start rolling it out. Everything I've read points to google's saying their servers are borked or something.

Anyways, I rooted last night, and interestingly enough, everything in my about phone section is the same.

Still, I'm glad I rooted because I was wanting to use a couple of apps that do require it such as titanium backup, and I wanted to install mobile defense as a system app.

The phone works great now, I have no complaints at all except for some apps seem to crash on occasion where they didn't before. Keyring is a good example of it.

BTW, just to say something funny, there is STILL a chance he didn't receive frf83 over the air. How do we know that's not a holiday nexus? Showing the back of your phone is not proof enough, as you could have just bought a battery cover, and uh, got a little sticker that says HTC.

Kidding man, just had to say it.

Anyways, the video he posted can certainly give people who were considering rooting absolute confidence that they can go ahead and install FRF83 on an ATT phone. I say this because I followed the instructions on the XDA site, and all of the information in about phone is the same as his video....... Some people saying that Google has switched to using one radio for both versions of the phone is looking extremely extremely credible right now.

Upvote 0
Not sure why it's not working above. Try it again

Alright, I believe you a little bit more (saw your post in another thread). There have been a lot of reports that people have started getting OTA, and one site said that all Nexus One users should have it in the next few days (yea right!).

EDIT: woahhhh, check this out, look at the video down there:
http://blogs.computerworld.com/16414/froyo_ota_rollout

Upvote 0
Not sure why it's not working above. Try it again:

YouTube - Stock ATT Nexus One running Froyo
Well sir, I owe you a sincere apology.
Pretty much all evidence to date was against you and I jumped to conclusions.

But I just cannot make a lot of sense out of this.
Now news is popping up that 83 is likely not the final build either, but then why would google roll it out OTA to people with the stock build. And if it IS the final build, why on earth did they stop rolling it out?
Speculation is that something went wrong with their servers..
But to be honest I'm just getting tired of trying to keep track and figure out this puzzle -.-

Upvote 0
I will say this.. My friend has att with a blackberry. I took his sim card and dropped into my nexus to see what would happen. she booted up fine and displayed everything like it was a stock att phone. it said att network and displayed frf83 like in his video. so its not as hard to replicate as one may thing. of course it did cause sign in errors when it came to gmail , my wave secure also went nuts. lol but i popped the tmo sim back in and all good again

Upvote 0
I will say this.. My friend has att with a blackberry. I took his sim card and dropped into my nexus to see what would happen. she booted up fine and displayed everything like it was a stock att phone. it said att network and displayed frf83 like in his video. so its not as hard to replicate as one may thing. of course it did cause sign in errors when it came to gmail , my wave secure also went nuts. lol but i popped the tmo sim back in and all good again

right, but he had the 3G symbol as well... you don't get that when you sim swap.

Upvote 0
Well sir, I owe you a sincere apology.
Pretty much all evidence to date was against you and I jumped to conclusions.

But I just cannot make a lot of sense out of this.
Now news is popping up that 83 is likely not the final build either, but then why would google roll it out OTA to people with the stock build. And if it IS the final build, why on earth did they stop rolling it out?
Speculation is that something went wrong with their servers..
But to be honest I'm just getting tired of trying to keep track and figure out this puzzle -.-

Appreciate it.

I really don't know what to make of it either. There's certainly nothing special about me that would be a reason for me to get it. I just remembered yesterday after posting about all this that this is actually my second N1. My first one had a lot of problems and so HTC replaced it. So had I had the original one then I'm guessing I wouldn't have got the OTA (or maybe I would have... not sure what they base it off of).

I will say though that this update seems very polished. There is nothing wrong with it at all that I can see, except one small bug in the messaging app it will show the grey android icon for myself while showing the correct images for my contacts. Besides that I don't see what they're waiting on.

Upvote 0
Appreciate it.

I really don't know what to make of it either. There's certainly nothing special about me that would be a reason for me to get it. I just remembered yesterday after posting about all this that this is actually my second N1. My first one had a lot of problems and so HTC replaced it. So had I had the original one then I'm guessing I wouldn't have got the OTA (or maybe I would have... not sure what they base it off of).

I will say though that this update seems very polished. There is nothing wrong with it at all that I can see, except one small bug in the messaging app it will show the grey android icon for myself while showing the correct images for my contacts. Besides that I don't see what they're waiting on.

*_* care to trade mate? I'll be your bestest best friend ;) lol

You don't know how JEALOUS I am!!! :p I'll be oh so happy if I had the 2.2 OTA *sigh* alas that is not so :( Google has 2 more days before their 'couple of weeks' promise is a LIE!!!!

Upvote 0
Thank you for the video J-Mar...and you'd understand our doubts when a few people have already said they got AT&T 2.2 without giving much *proof* and posting the same thing in multiple threads.

I doubt it but will ask anyway...did you save the update.zip before you applied the update? XDA forum is a mamoth wrt 2.2 update -_-;

Thats almost as bad as crying in multiple threads about not getting the OTA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones