• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally have Android!

baddmann

Lurker
Nov 11, 2009
I am with a small independent carrier in the south and we finally got a phone with the Android operating system. (HTC Hero, android 1.5)

I have had the phone for about 2 months now and I love it except for 2 minor annoying problems:

1) The whole "all day events show up a day early" problem. I use my smartphone for everything (including appts) and this is annoying. I have emailed everyone (HTC, Google, and Cellular South) and they have responded that the move to 2.0 or 2.1 will include a fix. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

2) The "alarm defaults to silent" problem. It seems that if I change to a ringtone on my SD card or change the phone to silent and then do something with the camera the phone makes the alarm silent. So far, if I check it before I go to bed it has worked. Still makes me worry... Anyway, same response to this issue.

Looking forward to contributing on this board.

I am with a small independent carrier in the south and we finally got a phone with the Android operating system. (HTC Hero, android 1.5)

I have had the phone for about 2 months now and I love it except for 2 minor annoying problems:

1) The whole "all day events show up a day early" problem. I use my smartphone for everything (including appts) and this is annoying. I have emailed everyone (HTC, Google, and Cellular South) and they have responded that the move to 2.0 or 2.1 will include a fix. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

2) The "alarm defaults to silent" problem. It seems that if I change to a ringtone on my SD card or change the phone to silent and then do something with the camera the phone makes the alarm silent. So far, if I check it before I go to bed it has worked. Still makes me worry... Anyway, same response to this issue.

Looking forward to contributing on this board.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones