1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Finally, headphones with official Galaxy volume/playback control - Sennheiser MM 30G

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twister6, Jan 7, 2014.

1. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Jul 30, 2010
    Sennheiser just announced @CES a new line up of products, including MM 30G designed specifically for Samsung Galaxy phones. No more cheap ebay imitations or dealing with low sound quality of bundled earbuds :)

Sennheiser MM 30G - - In-ear headset for Samsung Galaxy devices

These one should have fully featured volume up/down and multifunction button for play/pause/call/GoogleNow. Also should have an enhanced bass sound and passive noise isolation.

A detailed review to follow once I get my hands on it ;)

Advertisement

2. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    It's about bloody time. Can't believe it took anyone this long to come up with one. :rolleyes:

3. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Houston
    I've been using the beats headphones that came with my Rezound. They work just fine. I guess I didn't know this was an issue. I really like Senns so I'll have to check these out.

Thanks

FWIW
    DLM

4. twister6

twister6 Android Expert

Jul 30, 2010
    The problem is that a lot of headphones companies were still focusing on iDevice only specific in-line remotes, thinking that's where the profit is. With Android 4.x and the latest Galaxy stuff, the multifunction button of iDevice remotes became functional for play/pause/call (I tested a ton of those with Note 2, always worked!). Then, I noticed a number of manufacturers started to realize they are alienating Android users by labeling "iPhone" remote control, so they start making in-line remotes without volume buttons or with a volume slider to make it universal. Now, finally they came to their senses, and I hope more to follow it. A lot of premium on-/over-ear headphones have removable 3.5mm cables, and the same with in-ear headphones with a new mini connectors (like stuff from Westone, Shure, and Logitech/Ultimate Ears). Might as well include 2 cables, one for iPhone and one for Galaxy since these are two dominating smartphones anyway.