1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Finally java working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrpnut, Apr 19, 2012.

1. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

HELL YEAH MY JAVA IS UP A RUNNING AFTER GOING CRAZY FOR ABOUT A MONTH TRYING TO DO IT MYSELF AND NO LUCK I GAVE UP ON IT,UNTIL A MEMBER FROM THE ATEAM (EPAYNE) THIS CAT HELP ME OUT BIG TIME HE WENT ALL OUT JUST TO GET MY JAVA BACK UP I MEAN IT WAS SO MUCH S%$# HE HAD TO DO, MY PC WAS ALL SCREWED UP IT TOOK TWO DAYS BECUZ HE HAD TO DEL ALOT OF STUFF SO IF U GUYS NEED ANY HELP ON ANY PROBLEMS WITH UR PHONE OR UR PC HEs THE RIGHT GUY FOR THAT,HE DID ALL THIS STUFF ON TEAMVIEWER.

SO I WANNA SAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH EPAYNE ON HELPING ME OUT I REALLY APPERCIATE YOUR WORK THX :shakehands:

THX TO SHINYSIDE AND TO V SUPERUSER V FOR ALSO TRYING TO HELP ME OUT THX :thumb:

Android Forums - View Profile: epayne123

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. epayne123

epayne123 Android Expert

Thank You VERY Much For Thank Me. I do appreciate it a lot. I do what I can and almost ALWAYS succeed SOMEHOW(LoL)! A-Team is ALWAYS there for everyone no matter what! Let's keep the progress moving and LET ME SEE SOME THEMES NOW, PNut!

Just so everyone understand what he means, his computer would recognize Java but APK Tool wouldnt at all so he uninstalled the JDKs but the computer wouldn't allow ANY uninstallation of the JREs which was a problem because then we werent allowed to reinstall and actually GET APK Tool to find Java on his machine. Big pain in the butt and something went wrong by someone somewhere to where it made it a MUCH bigger pain than it was LoL but we got it after patience and everything.

I must thank PNut also though because he was patient enough to keep trusting me that I DID know what the problem was(Ask Him, I told Him That All We Had To Do Was Uninstall all Version Of JRE Then Reinstall The Proper One That I Knew Worked VS. One That I KNEW Didn't Even Though It Was Still 1.6.0.xx). Messing with ESSENTIAL and VERY important system files to do this, I was still trusted to do this and I appreciate the trust that was given along with the patience.

mrpnut likes this.
  3. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

Man i thought you were gonna say you got java working on your phone. Haha

I was gonna say i will do illegal things for you to tell me how. Hahaha

4. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Android Expert

i know a way to get java on your phone but you wouldn't like it :D

5. epayne123

epayne123 Android Expert

Yeah there ARE ways to get Java working on almost ANY Android phone. IIRC have it working on the girlfriends Admire LoL

6. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Extreme Android User

ummm Android is java driven lol

And how did u broke java to begin with?

7. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

He had Jdk/jre and multitool just wouldn't acknowledge it was on the comp. I tried helping him on team viewer, installed the lastest from Oracle, made it so his platform tools were directly in the multiitool folder instead of it all in sdk but it just would acknowledge Java was installed. I'm no computer guru but couldn't figure it out but guess Payne figured it out after a bit.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

8. epayne123

epayne123 Android Expert

LoL, it IS Java driven yes but it does NOT have a portable version of a JRE installed onto it to use with anything other than "on-the-device" infrmation and data. This is what we are talking about here, sorry for the confusion but figured everyone would understand what we meant by that.

9. PlayfulGod

why would we need that on a phone anyhow?

I knew what ya meant I was being a smartass ;)

10. epayne123

epayne123 Android Expert

Someone did something to the host computer that would not allow uninstallations of JREs which in turn made it VERY difficult to get APK Tool to find Java and work properly but after 2 days I finally did it and immediately installed Java and got APK Tool seeing Java and working properly.

11. epayne123

epayne123 Android Expert

Plenty of reasons... very good reasons LoL just other way to modify the device with Java applications

12. Fuzzy13

Well I cant play games on Pogo because JAVA isnt installed.

That's what I mean by NOT having JAVA.

If someone can tell me how to play games on pogo, then....................boy................it will be a great day. lol

13. mrpnut

epayne ur man not in that way tho lol :hahaha:

14. PlayfulGod

wierd lol glad ya got em fixed tho

15. epayne123

epayne123 Android Expert

Yea I am happy too, gotta keep the peace around here and everyone giving some progression and new things coming out. And Fuzzy, I will take a peak on if we can get a mobile platform of Java working on this device but this will PROBABLY be quite tough due to the fact that usually has to be properly July for each device and got lucky with the Admire LoL bit may also get lucky with this device and if I have to I can find a way to port it or get it to work as best as I can

16. Fuzzy13

That would be bad ass.

17. horsecharles

horsecharles Android Expert

Me too....and or the wife...lol

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

18. antrobus

antrobus Lurker

EPAYNE123--i have a java problem but don't follow your shortcut words very well. i can't see a crossword puzzle on the WSJ site-- it says Java is not installed or not enabled. { can't find it and the download versions on Oracle are for OSs that are not Android. I'm stuck-- got any idea how to fix my ASUS Transformer 101?

19. mrpnut

There is no universal way to install java onto an Android device. the only way to be able to view it is to enable Java Script within the browser and if that doesn't work then u would have to wait until Oracle Java is ported to UR device. Android uses Java but not the same as Oracle Java which is what most websites use to code their Java programs.
    And even if the Java Script is enabled it STILL may not work due to the fact that Android does not support Oracles JRE which is what is needed for most websites using Java to view conteNt. MESSAGE BYE ( EPAYNE123 )

antrobus likes this.
  20. Dr0idWhisperer

Dr0idWhisperer Android Enthusiast

I'm trying to testsign a zip file and in windows vista in the cmd prompt I am in the directory where the file I want to sign is and am using the command java -cp <sdk>\tools\sign\testsign.jar <file>.zip <file>-signed.zip but it keeps giving me an error Could not find or load main class. I'm using JDK 1.6 I think. Can someone please tell me where I am going wrong here?

21. epayne123

epayne123 Android Expert

Well are you replacing "<file>" with the file name MINUS ".zip".

Dr0idWhisperer likes this.
  22. Dr0idWhisperer

Dr0idWhisperer Android Enthusiast

sorry I should have wrote it something like testfile-signed.zip not like testfile.zip-signed.zip the underlined way is how I had it. I guess maybe using quotes in the command wouldve been better but I think Java is still a little too much for me at this point in my learning...lol I have since found a program that will testsign files for me so I am going the easy route for now. I thank you very much for you help though.

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews