1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Finally on Froyo!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Robinelli, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Robinelli

Robinelli Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    BSN student
    U.S.
    I couldn't find my last post about not being able to upgrade. I just wanted to let all of the other old-timers to this board know- I FINALLY got mini-kies to work and I got the upgrade tonight! I am PSYCHED! I am loving 2.2 so far! I am in need of a new contact widget though since my old one is apparently not compatible. So if anyone has a suggestion let me know. I'm surprised at all of the little improvements tucked in here and there. The main thing I needed the update for is the Wifi calling. My school and work have zero Tmob coverage. I could not be more excited about this!

Advertisement

2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love
    None

May 14, 2010
    Female
    AZ
    I am so glad you finally got it! It has been a long time coming for you, and you have been so patient!

Robinelli likes this.
  3. misterrunon

misterrunon Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 16, 2010
    i had froyo for a week and the lag was bad.. flash wasn't streamable, so i instaleld a custom rom.. and it's blazing fast compared to how it used to be.

4. aci78

aci78 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Seattle- ish
    Im in the same situation. No coverage where I live, so I love the Wi-fi calling. Other than that, not impressed with Froyo. Much ado about nada.

5. Robinelli

Robinelli Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 1, 2010
    BSN student
    U.S.
    The biggest point for me is the wifi calling! It's great. I also really like the upgraded google search bar widget. I can say "Listen to Beethoven" and it will pull it up in Pandora. I assumed this was part of the Froyo update? If it had that ability before I didn't realize it. It also does voice to text which it didn't do before. I have Vlingo but I just don't like it as much. The voice to text on the google search is more accurate. The interface is also more user friendly than Vlingo. The call waiting problem is fixed also! On 2.1 I couldn't answer my call waiting. Now it works flawlessly. Some of the smaller things I enjoy are the colors on the menu screen. It helps me see the options better- they don't all blend together. Also, I like the bright green that comes up when I am on a phone call and close the call window and I am on another screen. I am sure there are probably other things that I haven't found yet, too.

6. PinkFloyd

PinkFloyd Member
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    Robinelli, do you mind sharing how you did it with your Mac? I read on a different thread that you were having issues upgrading because of Mac, precisely my predicament. I do have WinXP running on my VMware Fusion console and have MiniKies running but I cannot get my phone to upgrade from there. (The software does kinda sorta see my phone but that is how far it will go)

Any tips would be mucho appreciated.

And is 2.2 worth the upgrade?

7. add119

add119 Member
    None

Oct 1, 2010
    Male
    @Robinelli voice to text it old since android 2.1 os you probably didnt notice it.