• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Finally updated to the official 2.1 (V20A OCT05) Can anyone verify some problems ?

Kostas

Oct 21, 2008
This morning the official update came out. I was one of those people who didnt want to try the baltic version so i waited. Has any of you installed it ? I ve been having a few problems so I was wondering if any of you have had similar experiences

1) The Sims 3 (preinstalled) and Angry Birds(beta, from the market) always crash after the splash screen is displayed
2)Sometimes when i hit the home button the home screen is empty and the phone unresponsive.After a few seconds the icons and widgets appear while the phone is still unresponsive and then after a second or two i regain control. This Happened with the old firmware as well. Also it takes several seconds to load the call log and contacts screens (again,sometimes)
3) This is not exactly a problem but now when set the writing language to something other than English, the English keyboard disappears and each time i have to write something in English i have to change the writing language back to English (even for a single word) which is just a terrible waste of time. Does anyone know a way around this? I would really appreciate some hints

1)yes to me too (angry birds also didnt work even with baltic)
2)call log also sometimes kind of delays (not much of a problem)
3)press and hold the letter you want so you can choose greek or english letter (ελληνικο η αγγλικο αδερφε!:p )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones