• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally upgraded - to Pixel 7

Finally upgraded from the best phone I ever owned, the Google Pixel 2 XL, to the Google Pixel 7. Now I need to find a group for it (don't see it here).
agreed.....surprised no one else said anything yet. i alerted the mods to move this to the suggestion box. hopefully one of them can create a forum for the pixel 7.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So far, I like it -- mostly because it is exactly like my Pixel 2 XL, which I loved, and everything works the same. I really liked how the data transfer put all my App icons in the same places. I also noticed that my LastPass is working better for filling in passwords (still not doing as well with user names).

I did buy a case from Encased. I am waiting for a screen protector from Skinomi (I loved Best Skins Ever in the past, but it seems they are out of business). I don't want tempered clsas.

And alas, it still doesn't have compatibility with MiraCast or a headphone jack, but I've gotten used to that.

Upvote 0
I upgraded from a Pixel 6 to a Pixel 7. I normally keep my new phones 2 years, but the fingerprint scanner on my Pixel 6 was terrible. I read other people were having trouble with the fingerprint scanner so I was waiting for an update to fix it. There was an update to improve it, but it did nothing for my fingerprint scanner. Mine had to be a bad from the factory. I got a good trade in on my Pixel 6 from Google so I upgraded to the Pixel 7. I've been totally happy with the Pixel 7.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones