• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally what looks to be a decent ATT android device

The Atrix is a better phone than the Inspire. However, the Inspire is already out. The Atrix is, AT LEAST, 6-8 months away from being released.

Let's just read the press release...

Motorola ATRIX 4G will be available to AT&T customers in Q1 2011. For more ATRIX 4G information visit: www.motorola.com/atrix and www.att.com/ATRIX4G. Motorola ATRIX 4G will be available exclusively in the U.S. for AT&T customers.

http://mediacenter.motorola.com/Pre...X-4G-the-Future-of-Mobile-Computing-353c.aspx

Upvote 0

To and extent. Q1 2011 (for AT&T) ends in April so three months away. It could very well be before that but for use of factual evidence to disprove the 6-8 month statement, this is the best out there. You could consider the Bell claim saying some sort of January release. Lastly, Verizon has a press conference for Tuesday for what is most likely going to be the Verizon iPhone. That may not be available for a couple months but this will make AT&T more eager to make these phones available (and hopefully push up my upgrade by a month).

Upvote 0
To and extent. Q1 2011 (for AT&T) ends in April so three months away. It could very well be before that but for use of factual evidence to disprove the 6-8 month statement, this is the best out there. You could consider the Bell claim saying some sort of January release. Lastly, Verizon has a press conference for Tuesday for what is most likely going to be the Verizon iPhone. That may not be available for a couple months but this will make AT&T more eager to make these phones available (and hopefully push up my upgrade by a month).

The only thing I will disagree with is the Verizon iPhone claim on Tuesday there's no way Steve jobs is allowing Verizon to host that event it would be an apple event so Tuesday is not for iPhone

Upvote 0
The only thing I will disagree with is the Verizon iPhone claim on Tuesday there's no way Steve jobs is allowing Verizon to host that event it would be an apple event so Tuesday is not for iPhone

Well, what else would it be? They just announced a plethora of devices at CES. It is not a quarterly earnings report. What else would warrant this? Apparently Jobs may make an appearance. Check out the story below.

Verizon Finally Lands the iPhone - WSJ.com

Upvote 0
Yes, definitely out of the norm but you must consider, did Apple have a big press conference for all the other carriers launched throughout the world? No, they didn't. Granted, this is a much bigger deal but it is still somewhat relative.

Yes relatively I agree but this is huge. Another question will this be LTE or is it gonna be a ginped iPhone with no simultaneous voice and data

Upvote 0
So then your gonna have a what original iPhone? Basically working on no simultaneous data and voice? Can you see apple allowing that? I can't

On the other hand, Apple could have a large group of aggravated customers who bought this expecting 4G when, it turns out, they will not get 4G for a year and a half. It just seems like that could end in the terms of another attenagate fiasco.

Upvote 0
Listen I believe many many people choose AT&T for the international ability and the simultaneous voice and data. I don't believe in the mass exodus theory either

Most people do not even know Verizon can't do this or that AT&T can. Smartphones have moved away from just being for business users and now are for everyone. This brings in the ignorance of the consumers who purchase a phone "because it looks cool". The Verizon iPhone may very well be overhyped and will lead to many disappointed consumers.

Upvote 0
Most people do not even know Verizon can't do this or that AT&T can. Smartphones have moved away from just being for business users and now are for everyone. This brings in the ignorance of the consumers who purchase a phone "because it looks cool". The Verizon iPhone may very well be overhyped and will lead to many disappointed consumers.

We will see but I do know alot know about the simultaneous voice and data

Upvote 0
We will see but I do know alot know about the simultaneous voice and data

Yes but the average person does not. People on forums like this either know more about tech than the average person or are here for some sort of issue. That's why when people are looking for phone suggestions and they see a bunch of people complaining of issues, it is sort of skewed because people that do not have problems do no make posts. This sort of thing will show exactly how the average consumer does not know how to work their phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones