1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Financial App?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jimbob1962, Oct 14, 2014.

1. jimbob1962

jimbob1962 Lurker

I am looking for an app that acts like a paper checkbook register so I can input future checks and deposits. I would also like it to have the capability scan a cash register receipt and extract the data (date/name/amount) and automatically fill it in. Access via internet as well as multiple phones is a must.

I have tried Mint, ClearCheckBook and QuickBooks. None have the capabilities I am seeking.

Thanks for any help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast

Have a look over in the Apps forum. EZ Money Manager was ok but expense but because of my intermittent use I want to be able to change the account balance and move on without having to sync past transactions, so I am looking around also. Looks like EZ is being replaced. After ready the reviews on that I am now looking at MoneyWiz. Have looked at PocketBook also which a lot of people like because it tries to categorise the transactions itself and can download statements from your bank when doing this. Keep looking around - it's a very personal choice.

Mikestony likes this.
  3. Member282753

Member282753 Guest

I swear by Adarian Money. Love it. I was a long time user of Microsoft Money and Quicken. It does not offer the scanning that you want to see but personally I would never let an app automatically populate my register anyway for fear that the OCR would not be perfect and I would be constantly chasing down minor math errors due to incorrect numbers.

Adarian Money does a wireless synchronization to a PC as well and I use that for backup.

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Moved to the Android Application forum;)

5. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

Pocket Money. Been around for quite a while. I had it on a Palm device. You can sync with Pocket Quicken if that's still around. It does save in that format plus csv.

6. DomingoLewis

DomingoLewis Newbie

You can try Expensify that eliminates a lot of the pain, tracking what you spend and letting you keep a photo log of your receipts (which are automatically scanned and input into your expense records).