1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Find already lost phone. Please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dealer75, Feb 20, 2011.

1. dealer75

dealer75 Lurker

My girl friend just lost her phone today. When I call the number, I heard some background sound but no one responded. This means someone has it. I know there are apps that she should have installed to find the lost phone like lockout but its too late. I have been googleing to try to find something but no luck. every article just talks about apps that that help you. But since the phone is already lost, i cannot install any apps. I know she has gmail configured, YELP. she is not enrolled in latitute or foursquare or facebook places. The phone is still online. I think the GPS is on. Given the apps and GPS, i am hoping there should be a way to find the phone.
    I called verizon and they said too bad.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

It is a longshot, but you can try installing one of the location apps through the online android market.

https://market.android.com/

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

I'd cancel the phone now, you are responsible for any charges after you've discovered it was lost.

4. dealer75

dealer75 Lurker

Good call. Is there an app that might allow me to locate phone without having to set up. I was thinking of lookout but even though i could install it, i do not think i can configure it. I am not sure if there is an app that can be installed and configured remotely so tha my phone can be located.

Thanks for the suggestions.

5. dealer75

dealer75 Lurker

I was thinking of cancelling the phone and did too then I realized if i cancell it, ther would not be able to pick up the phone. So i uncancel it so that i can keep calling the phone. I have the phone locked with connecting dots. So, i am hoping they have not been able to unlock it yet. you can pick up the phone without unlocking it. So, i am hoping this person would pick up the phone. i have been monitering my verizon wirreless about for any activity.

6. wayrad

wayrad Android Expert

If nobody is answering your calls, how are you hearing background noises as you say in your first post?