• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Find SMSC Messages apk

Wise11

Android Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2016
Hi

I have one question

How to find service message Centre(SMSC) in messages apk settings on galaxy s4?

I attach mobile information

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-02-14-58-54.png
    Screenshot_2020-03-02-14-58-54.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
An SMS app is just a front-end, a user interface. Actual sending and reception of SMS is handled by the same system service whichever SMS app you use. And I expect the SMSC details are set by your service provider when you insert their SIM - they aren't something you set yourself.

If you want information about your carrier's SMSC a web search will be the simplest way. If you want to change the settings, I've never seen a way.

Reactions: Wise11
Upvote 0
An SMS app is just a front-end, a user interface. Actual sending and reception of SMS is handled by the same system service whichever SMS app you use. And I expect the SMSC details are set by your service provider when you insert their SIM - they aren't something you set yourself.

If you want information about your carrier's SMSC a web search will be the simplest way. If you want to change the settings, I've never seen a way.

Upvote 0
I have to admit I have precisely 0 apps which required an activation code via SMS, so have no experience with this.

The problem is that the fact that it's not working doesn't tell us whether the problem is the app failing to request the SMS, the app's provider failing to send it correctly, or the carrier not accepting/transmitting it (e.g. rejecting the source it's coming from). We'd need more information to guess where the problem most likely is. Even if you could access the SMSC settings in the phone it's not guaranteed that that would allow you to fix this (and do you know what you'd propose to change?).

Try removing the apps from the equation: do you have any service which will send you an SMS to verify your identity (e.g. a two-factor authentication with any account)? It's one of the options for a Google account, for example. If you could trigger the sending of a code that way it would confirm that you could receive messages from things other than mobile numbers.

Another simple thing: speak to your service provider. It may be a setting in your mobile account rather than your phone that is the problem. For example (and bear in mind that I still don't know what these activation codes are for), if these SMS are the sort where you are charged money to receive them it may be that your account blocks premium SMS (I'd certainly hope they have that capability). If it's anything like that then you'll need your service provider to change the settings, nothing you can do with the phone will make any difference. So it may be worth checking with them whether they can see any reason these messages might not be coming through.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones