• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Find things near you (restaurants, shops etc)

I used to use windows live search for blackberry. Movies, traffic, directions, and listings. One feature i miss from that is the one click "add to adress book'. One interface. Very clean. Is where or placrs anything like this?
I actually miss the BB interface for a lot of things. In many ways, it was much better.

Upvote 0
The best app I found was called Poynt. The problem is that I used it for Blackberry. It by far was the easiest app to use to find locations. I hope someday it comes to the Incredible.

Funny u mention this...I had a BB for years and never knew about it...Switch to DINC 2 weeks ago and my brother sends me an email about an hour ago to use POYNT!! Now I want it and don't have the BB anymore..:(

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I just saw you all talking about Poynt and thought I would let you know that the development team is finishing up the very first version of Poynt for Android right now and that we anticipate release within the month.

Please feel free to email us at mobilesupport@mypoynt.com if you would like your name added to our Android Contact list and we will be happy to notify you when the App is available for download.

Alanna@PoyntSupport
Multiplied Media

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones