• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FindForFun virus/malware removal?

tmaff1337

Lurker
Jul 7, 2015
I have recently encountered a virus or some kind of malware that redirects me from any random app I might try to open to a website called findforfun.com

I am not entirely sure what triggers it because it only opens this website a couple times a day- sometimes when opening SnapChat or Facebook or even just reading emails. Strange and very annoying. My phone also appears to have slowed down ever since this started happening a week or so ago.

I downloaded Avast and have run several scans, but it hasn't found anything suspicious. I tweak settings a lot (font size and app placement/organization), so if at all possible, I want to avoid a factory reset, but it's not the end of the world if that's the only fix.

Here's what the page looks like:
Screenshot_2015-08-24-17-40-02.png

It's likely to be one of the apps you installed shortly before the problem started. If it was using "push notifications" then something like Addons Detector could identify it for you, but that junk was banned from the Play Store a long time ago.

A post in another forum suggested this app might identify the cause (and it sounded like exactly the same problem), but I've no experience with this myself.

Upvote 0
I have recently encountered a virus or some kind of malware that redirects me from any random app I might try to open to a website called findforfun.com

I am not entirely sure what triggers it because it only opens this website a couple times a day- sometimes when opening SnapChat or Facebook or even just reading emails. Strange and very annoying. My phone also appears to have slowed down ever since this started happening a week or so ago.

I downloaded Avast and have run several scans, but it hasn't found anything suspicious. I tweak settings a lot (font size and app placement/organization), so if at all possible, I want to avoid a factory reset, but it's not the end of the world if that's the only fix.

Here's what the page looks like:
View attachment 92888
Ihave had this same issue except it shows the images of ps4;ipad ect.
Anyone know how to delete it? I have cleared all browsing history and cleared data and it still pops up

Upvote 0
My Chrome kept opening this website too, findforfun.com in addition to other websites I was not entering. I was so tired of it so I googled it and came across this website. After reading all the above, I decided to install- Lookout, mobile security which ran a scan of my apps and one of them came back as adware (Whatever that is) and Lookout un-installed it and now my phone is back to normal. The app was, MP3 Music Downloader-- FYI! As much as I like my Samsung I do not like the possibility of getting virus', adware, malware etc... and I am highly thinking of switching to an iphone, something I never wanted to do. Android/Google- Please do something to fix this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My Chrome kept opening this website too, findforfun.com in addition to other websites I was not entering. I was so tired of it so I googled it and came across this website. After reading all the above, I decided to install- Lookout, mobile security which ran a scan of my apps and one of them came back as adware (Whatever that is) and Lookout un-installed it and now my phone is back to normal. The app was, MP3 Music Downloader-- FYI! As much as I like my Samsung I do not like the possibility of getting virus', adware, malware etc... and I am highly thinking of switching to an iphone, something I never wanted to do. Android/Google- Please do something to fix this.

This was also one of my apps that was installed that stopbadapp found and removed. Problem seems to be gone. At least for now. I found this link to that app above ^^^ in the comments. Tyvm for posting this ms.julie773.

P.s I've really wanted songs using the MP3 Music Downloader app so I have installed it again,DL what I wanted and delete the app again after. Honestly it's only a few pushing of buttons and it's done. =) hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones