• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Finding a ROM for Lollipop 5.1 Device + need help on install

Achef

Lurker
Oct 18, 2018
Greetings! I've been all over the Internet for an answer and a download and maybe a dummy proof guide.

My phone: Elemment Flash (Yeah totally unknown brand from Chile)
Current OS: Lollipop 5.1
Power+Vol Down menu is in chinese.
Reason of the search: Malware got into the OS so not even factory resets help.

So, I know my phone is not supported by Clockwork and probably not by TWRP or TRWP (Forgot the order of the letters) either, so I need a guide on how to do the task.

Most important part is finding a ROM, I got no idea what other phone may be like it to say "I can use a ROM for that one" but I don't fear at bricking the phone, it's already a brick with the malware that drains the battery, so is there any place around here to find a ROM based on Lollipop 5.1 or (In the best case) the stock 5.1 ROM?

And just to save some time, I've ran all the antivirus and antimalware apps I found, they all detect stuff like "SMS Shield is disabled" but not the REAL error and if they do it says "It's a system app and can't be removed" so the problem persist. Disabled unknown sources, checked the device administrators, no luck at all.

I hope anyone here can help me as I need the phone and getting a 100% battery go down to 1% in 2 minutes due to malware is not fun

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones