• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finding someone to root Droid Maxx 2 for a fee

I need to see the contents of a system file on Nougat 7.1.1. If I can only do that by rooting, I would like to pay someone to root it for me remotely (PC screen share or video call). Does anyone know of such a service?
who is your provider?

i found this thread over at xda:

but it does not have a guide for rooting. it does say that verizon will not allow motorolla to give out the unlock code for the bootloader. if you can unlock the bootloader, than you can try some of the options mentioned in the thread.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
It was Verizon when it was being used. Now it's no carrier. It's the only device that has a saved wifi password I need. When I start recovery it says Fastboot (Secure) and Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0. So that is probably my problem. Maybe that's why the Kingo fails when almost done and the PC Kingo fails when almost done.

I was hoping someone could get me through rooting in real time, if rooting is possible - OR - to tell me another way to get to the password file without rooting. I tried FV File Explorer app and it looks like it shows me everything, but I still can't find any of the filenames/locations that people say has the password in plain text. Does rooting reveal more files?

Upvote 0
1. If I see "Fastboot (Secure), Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0", does that mean that even the carrier cannot unlock the phone?
2. If the carrier can do it, can I just waltz into the carrier's local store and ask them to unlock it?
3. Will unlocking the phone delete all the data? (An online remote rooting service is telling me it's not possible without a factory reset.)
4. Instead of rooting, is there a way to backup a phone including all system and hidden files without rooting? Then examine the files from their backed up location?
5. Should I have started a new post with this comment?

Upvote 0
1. If I see "Fastboot (Secure), Device is LOCKED, Status Code: 0", does that mean that even the carrier cannot unlock the phone?
2. If the carrier can do it, can I just waltz into the carrier's local store and ask them to unlock it?
3. Will unlocking the phone delete all the data? (An online remote rooting service is telling me it's not possible without a factory reset.)
4. Instead of rooting, is there a way to backup a phone including all system and hidden files without rooting? Then examine the files from their backed up location?
5. Should I have started a new post with this comment?
1. carrier unlock and bootloader unlock are two different things. the "device is locked, Status 0" means that you have a locked bootloader. it will need to be unlocked first in order to root. so yes this is why kingoroot will not work.
2.a carrier will not unlock a bootloader for you. they may allow it, if they so choose. like moto can provide you with unlock codes to unlock the bootloader save for verizon's moto's
3. yes unlocking the bootloader will delete data. not sure if kingo Root will though.
4.nope
5.no you are good. this is your thread so that's up to you.

edit: sorry i did not respond sooner. had a super busy week.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones