• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

finding which apps have updates

If you open Marketplace then press the menu key then downloads, you will go straight to all apps on your phone and all that have updates will be listed first.
I found it by accident and saw I had 40 apps with updates.

While I've been an occassional visitor to Android forums since trading in my Palm-Pre for Samsung-Epic on November 8, 2010, I registered today to say...

JMICHAELSK, Thank-you for this VALUABLE tip! While there are automated methods within the phone to alert us to program update availability, they sometimes are delayed by a couple of days...or don't arrive at all. The ability to manually perform a "batch" update check is awesome!

BTW, a personal opinion based on recent experience...I would never check-mark the box that allows an application to update itself. It's best to read what others are saying about a specific app's update and to research it at the developer's website. THEN decide if you want to update, or not to update. As most of you have seen by reading user comments about specific apps, some updates really screw up what was a nicely working application.

One good example is the program called "WHERE". After the latest update, I had to uninstall it from the EPIC because the update made the application virtually unusable. If I had only read what other WHERE users were saying, I would have stayed with the current version I had. Once you update, you almost never can revert to the prior version.

A happy and safe start to 2011 everyone!

-Allen in Chicago

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones