• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finger print scanner unlock app!

powerkiter

Android Expert
Jun 7, 2010
UK
Well... kinda not really... But it's a great way to wind your mates up!

It looks like this
screen

It DOES NOT READ FINGER PRINTS! It mearly recognises a screen press, hold any finger on the screen for 3 vibrates and then lift off and it will unlock the phone!

I have used it on a few people today and all have held their finger on for more than 3 beeps and get "Access denied" but you know the trick and get to gain access to the phone LMFAO :D

chart

Now go and have some fun winding up your mates!

a great - seriously. Although its a prank, i have actually used it as a screen lock. When using this the slide and pattern locks are automatically disabled.

This finger screen lock can be personalised for security. Although the free version has the beep/vibrate setting to 3, one can buy the full version and change to a personal number which no one will know.

Upvote 0
Installed this last night and its absolutely killing my son that he can't get on to my phone! I tried it with my thumb this morning and let it do 4 beeps and Access Denied and said oh damn forgot it was set with my index finger. He then tried all his different fingers and still couldn't get in. Lol.... simple things!

Plus I quite like the fact that it kills the swipe thing.

Nice one Power Kiter!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones