• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "fingerprint hardware not available"!?

I had the same problem.
Bought the Pro in September, had to re-register fingerprints every couple of months. I THINK my last reregistry was just before installing the b14 update.

Now it keeps telling me the message above? Any solutions? Is my fingerprint reader dead now?
Bought the Pro in September, had to re-register fingerprints every couple of months. I THINK my last reregistry was just before installing the b14 update.

Now it keeps telling me the message above? Any solutions? Is my fingerprint reader dead now?

Upvote 0
This may not work. I'm making no promises. But if your developer options are on, go to those right now.

Find "Don't keep activities" and turn it off if it's on. I have a habit of turning it on on my phones. It disabled my fingerprint scanner for registering new ones and luckily I remembered I'd messed with the settings. Hopefully your problems as simple as mine. And I'm sorry if it's not, I hope you can get it fixed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones