1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"fingerprint hardware not available"!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jeton, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Jeton

Jeton Newbie

Bought the Pro in September, had to re-register fingerprints every couple of months. I THINK my last reregistry was just before installing the b14 update.

Now it keeps telling me the message above? Any solutions? Is my fingerprint reader dead now?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I had the same problem.

3. This may not work. I'm making no promises. But if your developer options are on, go to those right now.

Find "Don't keep activities" and turn it off if it's on. I have a habit of turning it on on my phones. It disabled my fingerprint scanner for registering new ones and luckily I remembered I'd messed with the settings. Hopefully your problems as simple as mine. And I'm sorry if it's not, I hope you can get it fixed.

Jcole6197, Jeton and tube517 like this.
  4. Jeton

Jeton Newbie

Wow, I resolved my fingerprint scanner issue. I did exactly what kkittyamazingx3 described and it worked.

tube517 likes this.
  5. I'm so glad it worked! I'm sorry you struggled for so long. I made an account to post that because I'd dealt with it before.

Jeton likes this.
  6. Mines was not on but still not working please help

SICKSIDERLB likes this.
  7. SICKSIDERLB

SICKSIDERLB Lurker

Yes my phone's keep activities is off and my fingerprint reader is still not working.

ZTE Zmax Pro Forum

The ZTE Zmax Pro release date was July 2016. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 617 processor, and 3400mAh battery.

July 2016
Release Date
Reviews