1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Fingerprint Scanner Hack

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The_Chief, Apr 17, 2020.

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Okay folks, this MIGHT help with the speed & accuracy of the optical fingerprint scanner. I just finished this procedure and rebooted. We'll see how well it works.

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-fingerprint-hack-1107944/

A word of comfort: it's not nearly as scary as the article makes it out to be. All we're doing here is disabling the battery-optimization from messing with the fingerprint scanner. If it doesn't work, just repeat the process and turn it back on.

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  2. marctronixx

i did this a few weeks ago. i did notice an improvement

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  3. The_Chief

My results are still hit or miss - although I sense a little more hit than miss now...

MrJavi and marctronixx like this.
  4. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

I thought Samsung had made a huge error with their fingerprint scanner when I first bought my N10+ and deleted my fingerprints several times over the course of 3 or 4 months before they finally started being recognized consistently. It was a painful process but now I am happy without the hack above. However, if you are not so lucky by all means try the hack. You have nothing to lose if the scanner is not working properly for you.

MrJavi likes this.
  5. The_Chief

This stupid thing is STILL hit or miss with me! I'll throw this thing at Samsung to trade up to the 20 on DAY ONE, knowing it will have the Qualcomm scanner in it

MrJavi likes this.
  6. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

Hey, Chief how long do you leave your finger on the scanner? I have found that I need to leave my finger/thumb on the scanner to the count of two or three and then lift. There is often a delay after that and then a "click" and it unlocks.

MrJavi likes this.
  7. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast

The scanner works for me 95% of the time as long as I am not fresh out of the shower. There will be times it will not recognise at all though and I wish at these times it would then show a pin rather than asking me to wait 30 seconds.

I have realised though, that at these times it is because my fingers have become too dry and I can moisten them to get it working. Inverse of the out of shower thing.

#7 Bodestone, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  8. The_Chief

Usually not long at all - the Samsung scanner is very moody. Some days I can tap the screen and I'm in. Other days, it just refuses to recognize me. At all! Same with the face recognition! Good thing I have a pattern for backup!

9. Bodestone

Bodestone Android Enthusiast

I am thinking, at the time I get where my prints arent recognise due to overly dry fingers I should add those dry fingers to the list. Making a fist for a few seconds has now worked flawlessly for me for unrecognised prints, except out of shower prints when they are already water swolen of course.

10. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

I find that if I leave my finger on the scanner to the count of three it works as it should. Although Samsung Pay can be persnickity at times.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews