1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Finiky SD card

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by LaineKat, Mar 25, 2016.

1. LaineKat

LaineKat Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2016
    Female
    So, I read through some posts on here about memory and storage until my brain felt like mush. I'm honestly not technical at all and my IT techie husband is too busy programming and working to help :(. I bought a 64GB external SD card for my LG G Stylo (not rooted, don't even know how - tried looking into it and it might as well be a whole other language) last night and started moving apps over. At first they all worked fine (ones that could be moved obviously). Then suddenly I started getting the old "Insufficient storage space" message. Funny thing is, some apps look like they're going through the move process then I get the message at the end, and some tell me right off. When I look in settings, it tells me I have 14.93GB used of 16GB internal space, and 568 MB used of 60.05 GB on my SD card.

Wonky things seem to always happen after I get a system update. :(. I feel like system updates will eventually take up all my internal space.

Also, is there anywhere I can set apps to auto install to SD card unless they have to be on internal?

Android Version - 6.0

Photo of Settings - Storage & USB
    Storage.jpg

Advertisement

2. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2015
    Yes sadly that's a common issue with this phone. I also have an LG G Stylo and from looking around the forums I've seen this come up time and time again, it appears that the phone just will not allow you to move all the apps to the SD card.

3. LaineKat

LaineKat Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2016
    Female
    Well that sucks.. on another note though, you have an awesome avatar. :D

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    This is 6.0 Marshmallow, isn't it supposed to be able to use and combine the SD storage with internal storage for apps? That was one of the much touted features of Marshmallow, has LG disabled or not included that feature? I know it's apparently not available on the new Samsung S7.

5. LaineKat

LaineKat Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2016
    Female
    I'm not sure, how would I go about figuring that out? I can take screenshots and such if you direct me where to look.. This is I think the 2nd or 3rd system update I've gotten for this phone and I don't think they sell the model in stores anymore (they go through them so fast though, so..), so I'm not sure if it's something older LG's don't offer or what.

6. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2015
    This is a good place to ask about the Stylo, just for future reference.
    http://androidforums.com/forums/lg-g-stylo.3133/

And yes that's right, adoptable storage is disabled by default, it can be enabled by editing the build.prop work root or with adb, but I think I've heard of that same problem happening even with it on.
    [​IMG]

7. LaineKat

LaineKat Lurker
    None

Mar 25, 2016
    Female
    So I'm assuming rooting my phone would be required in order to enable adoptable storage? I wonder if I bribed the T Mobile guys if they would root it for me.. lol

8. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2015
    LaineKat likes this.