1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Firefox Drained my Data Usage!!!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by okcbelair, Aug 14, 2012.

1. okcbelair

okcbelair Lurker

Somehow Firefox just used over 30mb of data in the last hour. How can I check to see the settings or can I look and see what it did to cause that much data usage? I am on ATT's 200mb plan it this just sent me over my limit. It used 20 mb yesterday and then the 30+ today. It has never done this. Any ideas???

I have already uninstalled Firefox to curb the problem until I find a solution.

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

I've used Firefox for a long time with no such problem. Are you certain that's the cause? Did you install any new add-ons lately?

3. okcbelair

okcbelair Lurker

Definitely Firefox. I have the Data Monitor app and it shows just today that Firefox used 33mb of data.

Not only that but It also shows 47mb of Wifi data.

So 80mb of usage since this morning.

4. 350X

350X Android Expert

dolphin HD

5. okcbelair

okcbelair Lurker

I use Dolphin all the time. I only use Firefox to access my school website. For some reason Dolphin does not like it and Firefox does.

I looked at my hourly usage since midnight and Firefox was using roughly 5mb per hour. Then it went up to 17mb per hour when I got off the WiFi at my house and left to run errands.

6. 350X

350X Android Expert

change your user agent, to desktop or try ipad on it.

7. okcbelair

okcbelair Lurker

user agent? I am on an HTC Inspire 4G.

8. 350X

350X Android Expert

in the dolphin HD settings, you can change user agent, gives you access to different settings.

9. okcbelair

okcbelair Lurker

Thanks, changed the setting. Maybe you can answer this one about Dolphin. The reason I use Firefox is that when I try to log-in to my school site using Dolphin it keeps refreshing when i try to enter my login and password. It keeps reloading flash and will not let me finish typing and hit submit.

10. 350X

350X Android Expert

why you change user agents, try different ones when you log in. one may work better then another.

like ipod-pad, uses html5 instead of flash, since apple don't support flash.