1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Firefox Mobile won't load mobile version of web pages

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by devinm, Jun 28, 2011.

1. devinm

devinm Lurker
    None

Jun 28, 2011
    I just installed Firefox Mobile because I wasn't happy with the stock browser. I have an HTC Desire, and I recently applied the CyanogenMod7 Rom. The browser used for this Rom wasn't very sub par. At least, I'm used to the HTC stock browser, and I liked it a lot more. Last time I gave Firefox a try, it was still new and buggy. So I decided to wait and try it when it was more mature.

Now, my problem is that when I go to load a web page, I get the desktop version of the web page. That wouldn't be a problem if I were using a tablet, but I only have a small screen. So, my often visited site, like Google and Engadget, take forever to load, and are pretty pretty hard to navigate through all the desktop sized content.

I looked through the settings, but I couldn't find anything. I was hoping maybe there would be some sort of "force mobile page version" type of option. But unfortunately, there wasn't.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to do this? or can anyone recommend a different browser? One that doesn't have those stupid zoom arrows (because we're in the age of multitouch)?

Advertisement

2. Brucew0617

None

Jan 27, 2011
    Earth
    No, I remember when I using Firefox 4.0, it's good, maybe you should reinstall it.