1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Firefox video blocker

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Bernard Goh, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Bernard Goh

Bernard Goh Lurker

hi, I installed the firefox addon video blocker on my android device. purpose is to block certain youtube channels due to my child's access.. Btw, i access youtube via the browser, not via the youtube app...
    somehow, the block button just doesnt appear on the address bar like it did on a desktop. Anyone has a way resolve it? thanks

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Have you gone into you add-ons settings to see whether it's activated? Most Firefox add-ons don't put up buttons or badges on the mobile browser (the interface doesn't really have space for them) - I've 4 add-ons which currently have buttons on this laptop browser, none on the mobile one.

That said, the recent reviews for that add-on are almost all saying that it doesn't work.

mikedt and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Bernard Goh

Bernard Goh Lurker

hi Hardon thx for your advice.. probably it just doesnt appear on the mobile devices..and yes, ive checked the blocker is activated..

Thanks once again.

brgds

4. Bernard Goh

Bernard Goh Lurker

pardon me, i meant Hadron.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I love auto-correcting keyboards that have "hardon" but not "hadron".

Hadron and ocnbrze like this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i don't use firefox, but is there an option to display the web page as desktop rather then the mobile version of the page?

mikedt likes this.
  7. Bernard Goh

Bernard Goh Lurker

Thx OCNBRZE, tried that too..
    prowled thru tons of youtube vids, but none is exactly what Im looking for...