1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Firmware 1.47.401.4 Update yesterday

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flymetothesmog, Jan 9, 2012.

1. flymetothesmog

None

Jan 9, 2012
    North East England
    I'm new to the Android world and I've only had my Desire S for 5 weeks now. Yesterday I was alerted to update my firmware to a new version (1.47.401.4) but I've no idea what affect this has had on my mobile.

Does anyone exactly know what differences the update has made over the previous version or if not where I can find out?

The phone is working fine with the new firmware but it would be nice to know what has changed - improved with the upgrade.

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    You can read about some of the differences for 1.47.* here. There aren't that many. Some users found that it made receiving phone calls worse or impossible when using mobile data. However, this is probably related to some specific provider ROMS, not stock HTC ROMs

The software version on your phone is the HTC stock ROM. There is a newer version (2.10.401.8) which may well come to your phone soon. This version updates the Android operating system to version 2.3.5 and the Sense user interface that's unique to HTC to version 3.

Your best bet to appreciate the difference between 1.47 and 2.10.401.8 is to look for videos on YouTube showing you what Sense 3.0 looks like on the Desire S. Some people like the new style, others not so much!

Overall, the updates generally improve performance and the software, especially social media and sharing. There is a list of Sense 3.0 features here, although some of them will be the same as the previous version of Sense.

I've not seen an official list of features for either update from HTC.

flymetothesmog likes this.
  3. purplegoldfish

None

Jul 9, 2011
    My 1.47 just appeared today... I thought I was one of the forgotten 1.28s... seems not... Fingers crossed I'll get 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0 now or soon too

4. purplegoldfish

None

Jul 9, 2011
    1.47 just downloaded.. done another software update check and lo and behold there 2.3.5 and sense 3.0... I am a happy duck:)

5. flymetothesmog

None

Jan 9, 2012
    North East England
    'Notebook' Thank you for your help and information which was very useful to me and my understanding of the Desire S

and.......

'purplegoldfish' Thank you for posting your recent experience with the updates which I have since copied and had the same result. I've now been able to instal 2.3.5 and sense 3.0 just as you have and otherwise probably wouldn't have done so until I had been prompted to by htc.

Great stuff. I'm now getting to know what further changes have taken place - Thanks again

Tags: