• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firmware from different location?

pablo81

Lurker
Jan 2, 2013
Hi all!

I bought my HTC One X in UK on contract 6 months ago, recently i had moved to the Philippines, do you guys know if this may be the cause that my phone will not be updated to new jelly bean firmware? Will i ever receive software from here?

Thanks in advance for replies :)

You will receive the firmware when the UK gets it.

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Chanchan

Its just that i was able to search t-mobile forum where there was a guy claiming that he already received jelly bean ver. 4.1.2 on HTC One X It is little bit strange for me that we are in the same network and i haven't received this update yet. Any comments ?

Upvote 0
It's normal. Usually despite being on the same network, the updates for the devices are not released at the same time due to product codes and such. Also, it could be that T-Mobile released the update via OTA method, in which case you need to be using a T-Mobile SIM if I remember correctly. Its a bit more difficult with HTC as I don't know if they have a PC update program. With a Samsung you can just install Kies on a PC or Mac and update your phone where ever you are in the world or whatever carrier you are currently using your phone on. If HTC has a similar program you may have to use that.

Upvote 0
There is no such a software for HTC unfortunately and i dont know if my T-mobile sim card can be fully functional while roaming as to giving me software update prompt. I have directed my question to HTC customer service let's see what they say. The website given is perhaps good for someone who already has rooted phone, i don't like to do it if i don't have to. Thank you for all replies

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones