1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

firmware I7500XEFJB2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cryingfreeman, Feb 22, 2010.

1. kam187

kam187 Android Expert

Been away, logging in to find all this stuff happened! Nice to see :)

Advertisement

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

now pull apart this rom update, steal the drivers and get goasp coders what they need :p

3. shmuel

shmuel Newbie

Got my Galaxy a few days ago and was a bit hesitant of updating the firmware with Odin but 1.6 quickly changed my mind. It's looking good so far, the OS itself is definitely a lot more polished (though I didn't spend that much time with 1.5).

4. kam187

kam187 Android Expert

Once they release the kernel source we'll be set :)

5. Russ Dill

Russ Dill Member

building as root...tsk tsk

6. mogden

mogden Newbie

In the interests of experimentation, I took the phone to the pub with the wifi switched on. The change of wifi from home to pub used to eat battery, but I'm pleased to say I lost 3% in 2 hours.

About the same percentage of brain cells died, but I did it for you! :D

7. Russ Dill

Russ Dill Member

8. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

So nice to FINALLY get 1.6 even if it's months late and we really should be on 2.x.

Getting Maps 4.0 & other 1.6+ only apps is a major benefit. The new market, universal search, camera & general interface improvements just make it feel like a proper phone. I'd been on II5 and after having such a sluggish and awkward to use beast for the last few months this feels great. Entering text seems so much smoother, I no longer envy iPhone users. Opening apps is much snappier, etc, etc - it all just makes you wonder why they waited so long really. They could've avoided so much bad press, mediocre reviews if only they'd gotten their act together and released this months ago.

Feel sorry for people who don't know about such forums and will patiently wait for OTA updates from their carriers...

So overall this is great and promising for the future; we'll probably all be on 2 in a few weeks if the great work of musty & drakaz continues on top of this build from Samsung.

9. nightcrow

nightcrow Guest

lol, cheers mate and keep on experimenting. will try it with bluetooth in a minute ;-)

10. lazarus101

lazarus101 Member

Battery life doesn't seem any better actually i find it a bit worse and it's still dropping very quickly when lower than 50%. This morning at 7 am I unplugged it and now it's 29% with moderate usage, 3G and auto sync active.

11. villa1n

villa1n Member

Auto Sync kills my batt time on 1.5 as well, do you mean its actually worse relative to 1.5 with autosync on?

12. villa1n

villa1n Member

Thanks guys :D Will try it out in a few. So far all the feed back sounds good.

13. lazarus101

lazarus101 Member

Yes, worse relative to the last firmware I had, K5. I always had auto sync on.

14. villa1n

villa1n Member

Ahh, i had ik6 the bell i7500L firm on there so i guess i ll see how that compares, it fared not bad, but with auto sync off, i saved quite a bit more batt life. I just put a widget to manual sync to save batt, unless i m expecting important emails etc, or plugged in.

15. pegasus21

pegasus21 Android Enthusiast

Auto sync is a badass. I've long since decided not to use it and have great battery life.

16. stephnd

stephnd Newbie

haha thanks for the experiment mate! i'm gonna update my device now :D

17. atbeyi

atbeyi Well-Known Member

does anyone tried to flash it with a gnu/linux box?

if yes does adb work?

18. atbeyi

atbeyi Well-Known Member

or, can any 1.6 users make a nandroid backup and post it to somewhere?

19. davyu

davyu Member

Oh that reminds me. I want to make nandroid backups for my various ROMs/firmwares, e.g., one for cupcake, one for galaxo, donut etc etc. While that is possible, I can only restore the LATEST nandroid backup, instead of being able to choose which one to restore. Anyone have any workarounds?

20. hagi

hagi Newbie

Really? Haven't seen that option in 1.6 but its definitely something Google should have put in from the start!

21. atbeyi

atbeyi Well-Known Member

you may copy the last backup directory to a different directory in your sdcard or hdd or wherever you want.

when you want to re-install one of the backups just put it back.

22. mrqs

mrqs Android Expert

i'm quite interested in this as well, it's a pain to always do all the settings after a flash

23. stephnd

stephnd Newbie

Updated to 1.6. was currently using IH8 1.5, used odin 3.98. at first on updating it phone was stuck at the samsung logo.. didnt boot. had to reflash to IH8 > did a factory reset. and flashed with 1.6 again. worked this time!

now the android logo doesnt show up at the start.

1.6 is good :D

aesh likes this.
  24. zebron

zebron Lurker

Hi There !

It's my first post here so it may be a silly question but could you confirm I should use this tutorial to upgrade from Galaxo to this new firmware ?
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/13692-how-odin-galexo-rom-s.html

I just modified once my ROM to test it and then I've never touched it but I'm really interested in 1.6 release. Thanks for your help.

25. pegasus21

pegasus21 Android Enthusiast