1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Firmware messed up my phone :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TalllPaul, Oct 22, 2011.

1. TalllPaul

TalllPaul Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    I have a Samsun Galaxy S2 which I bought in July this year. The phone has been great and i have had no problems.

Yesterday I decided to update my phone via Kies to the latest firmware as it told me I didn't have the latest. After this my Samsung was showing that the firmware was 2,3,3 and up to date.

Afer this update my phone started freezing and becoing unresponsive. The phone itself keeps turning itself off so someone suggested I do a factory reset which I did. After the factory reset the freezing seems to have stopped however now my battery seems to be messed up and my wifi.

My wifi now says I have an error and it cannot load the driver. My battery seems to be constantly warm and before I was charging it and my whole phone goes hot, the back and the screen. I was charging it for a few hours and 15 mins later it says the battery needed charging.

I heard that the update 2.3.4 fixes the WiFi error but Kies says my phone is up to date with 2.3.3 :/ Do I need to send it to get it fixed?

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Seeing as the problems started after you updated using the officially-sanctioned method (Kies), I would get it back to the retailer asap, explain what has happened and request that they rectify it.

3. patrat7

patrat7 Member
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Boxing Instructor and Full Time Student
    NZ
    otherwise i would flash again with odin using the same firmware. won't void warranty as it is a stock firmware