• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Firmware required, I'm stuck in a bootloop!

uboy

Lurker
Feb 9, 2013
As soon as i realized my Venus was already rooted out of the box i installed a couple of apps: "AdAway"and "Rom Toolbox Pro" which amongst other things i use to change fonts. I installed "Ubuntu" font and rebooted the Venus with no issues other than the font looked awful. I decided to install a better looking one never to boot again.
So the thing gets to the ainol gif on boot and remains there indefinitely so I'm assuming maybe rom toolbox has put some script maybe that is causing some kind of conflict preventing my Venus from fully booting up.
So i figure the easiest solution since there is very little installed on the Venus is just to re flash it. Which is why i need an update zip please.
Also I'm thinking of flashing CWM to avoid such blunders in the future, can anyone tell me if this will work please?

Did you turn the tablet off and hold down the volume+ button while connecting the tablet to USB? The tablet should enter ADFU mode if you did that and drivers are installed properly. If the firmware tool isn't recognizing the tablet properly, you'd have to manually install the drivers (open Device Manager on Windows and see if the tablet shows up there).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones