• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root firmware too new??

rohit19feb

Lurker
Feb 6, 2011
Well hi everyone!! Been reading these forums for sum tym now n I gotta say....u guys really help out.....so this brings me to my problem.... tried rooting my desire for the first tym...got everything done....but wen I ran UnRevoKed and it came to running root on my phone it tried for sum tym n then gave an error saying "failed to create root. Is your firmware too new?" I'm have froyo on my phone which I got OTA.....wat do I do now?? Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys....i knew u'd all come out n help me....btw....i realised i was beeing too much of a noob n decided to read abt rooting n all....figured it out.....forced closed all apps n set InstallLocation 2 but still no luck....finally decided to factory reset n VOILA!!! i was rooted.....btw...all i learned was through this forum only....so a big thnx to u guys

Now dat i'm rooted ne suggestions on wat all apps to download n which rom would give me the best battery life.....currently running Cyanogenmod 6....like it but just wanted to know if there was nething better.

Like always.....thnx in advance :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones