• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

firmware update 12/11/12?

I would SWEAR that the google voice search is way more efficient and less laggy than before. I have been paying attention to that as a metric since my wife got me the Google Nexus 7 as a mini tablet for early Christmas present.

I agree, the "Google Now" voice search is much improved... :D

Reports at XDA are bringing to light a new brand of skeptics. Now, it seems some people who never had issues wit their Infnitys are posting about all of the "FUD" about lagginess and reboots.

FWIW, it does seem to be a bit snappier, but I also had my first in-game reboot in a few builds.

I've triple verified it with 3 different games - Death Rally, Virtual Tennis and Dead Trigger - all three of which make extensive use of the touchscreen for controlling the game. All three of which had given me no reboots in the last two builds released by ASUS.

ANd this time none of hte games were being played with hte tablet in performance mode, either.

I think it is time to open a ticket with ASUS and get this thing (and the dock which is 'separating', for lack of a better word, near the docking hinge).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones