• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Firmware Update GT-I9505

danielunde

Android Enthusiast
Dec 4, 2011
GA.
I have an GS4 GT-I9505 and was trying to update the firmware using Samsung Kies but after downloads the firmware Kies program closes? and when i try to update by WiFi i get this message: The software update service is not available. Maximum number of roll-out updates has been exceeded. Try later or update your device using Samsung Kies and i'm not rooted. I was hoping that someone could give me some help with this as i don't know what else to do. Thank you

Hi danielunde!

Yes when i type in *#1234# it pulls up this; AP: I9505ZHUAME3. CP:I9505ZHUAME3, and CSC:I9505ZZHAME3

Your current firmware and CSC code, is for Hong Kong and flashing any firmware other than that intended for your CSC code will, in theory, void your warranty and also prevent future updates via Samsung's PC Suite Kies or OTA, (Over The Air).

There is an update that has just been released for your phone which you can download here...

I9505ZHUBMF4_I9505ZZHBMF4_TGY.zip

You can then extract the .tar file and flash it using Odin3 v3.07. Download, here.

How to install Galaxy S4 firmware I9500 & I9505 with Odin? - YouTube

Warning! This is for competent users only!

Alternatively, and safer, you could go to the nearest Samsung Service Point and explain your problem and ask them to do it for you.

Reactions: danielunde
Upvote 0
Hi danielunde!

Your current firmware and CSC code, is for Hong Kong and flashing any firmware other than that intended for your CSC code will, in theory, void your warranty and also prevent future updates via Samsung's PC Suite Kies or OTA, (Over The Air).

There is an update that has just been released for your phone which you can download here...

I9505ZHUBMF4_I9505ZZHBMF4_TGY.zip

You can then extract the .tar file and flash it using Odin3 v3.07. Download, here.

How to install Galaxy S4 firmware I9500 & I9505 with Odin? - YouTube

Warning! This is for competent users only!

Alternatively, and safer, you could go to the nearest Samsung Service Point and explain your problem and ask them to do it for you.
Now my Galaxy S4 is an Factory Unlocked Device and i'm not rooted, So that's good right to use this update? I just want to make sure before i do anything to it. Thank you Daniel

Upvote 0
Now my Galaxy S4 is an Factory Unlocked Device and i'm not rooted, So that's good right to use this update? I just want to make sure before i do anything to it. Thank you Daniel

You do not need to be rooted or unlocked/locked to flash a stock Samsung firmware to your phone using Odin. The firmware mentioned, i9505ZHUBMF4, is the update for the Hong Kong firmware that you are currently running at the moment, i9505ZHUAME3.

As mentioned earlier, this is for competent users and I would advise backing up all your data and settings, (Helium is useful for this), prior to flashing as, although this is a, "No Wipe", update meaning that your data should remain intact, as with any update or flashing procedure, it does not hurt to be prepared.

Alternatively, as I have also mentioned, you can take it to your nearest Samsung Service Point and request that they do this for you under warranty.

Reactions: danielunde
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones